Regarding dental care, each patient has the right to:
- To be treated with respect, consideration and dignity.
- To receive the appropriate dental care.
- To receive information of your health in a clear, timely and truthful manner.
- Confidentiality on records and the information provided to the clinic.
- To be able to choose and participate in your treatment plan options.
- Facilities to have a second opinion.
- To allow or not allow the disclosure of your private information, unless it’s request by a legal entity.
- Availability of information regarding your rights and duties.
- To have access to your complete clinical record.
- Be attended and heard if you are dissatisfied with the dental care received.
Regarding dental care, each patient has the responsibility to:
- To be actively responsible for your own health.
- Provide real information about your health status, medications, allergies and drug sensitivities; and be able to help if we need to get information about your health for medical assistance or for public interest.
- To treat the entire clinic staff, other patients, their family members and companions with respect.
- To use the facilities properly according to the standard of use.
- To follow the instructions about your treatment or health, by the clinic staff.
- To accept and be sure that all financial obligations related to your treatments are paid in a timely manner.
- To sign the informed consent about your treatments.
- To be responsible for your own decisions regarding your health, including whether you decide to leave the clinic prior to completing your treatment.